GUWAHATI - SHILLONG - KAZIRANGA
Meghalaya is a state in northeastern India. Meghalaya was formed by carving out two districts from the state of Assam: the United Khasi Hills and Jaintia Hills, and the Garo Hills on 21 January 1972.
DAY 01: GUWAHATI AIRPORT – SHILLONG (130 KMS / 3 ½ hrs drive)
Arrival at Guwahati airport & transfer to Shillong. Enroute visit Umium Lake. Check in Hotel. Overnight in Shillong
DAY 02: SHILLONG – CHERRAPUNJEE – SHILLONG (60 KMs / 2 hrs-One way)
After breakfast you will be traveling to Cherrapunjee (60 kms/ 2 hrs approx one way) – the wettest place on the earth. En route visit the famous Elephant Falls and Shillong Peak – to enjoy a bird’s eye view of Shillong city. At Cherrapunjee visit – Mawsmai Cave, Mawsmai Falls, Seven Sisters Falls and Nohkalikai Falls. After lunch at Cherrapunjee, visit Thankarang Park, Koh Ramhah. Drive back to Shillong for overnight halt.
DAY 03: SHILLONG – MAWLYNNONG – DAWKI – SHILLONG
Morning after breakfast depart for a whole day excursion to Mawlynnong:
Mawlynnong Village has earned the distinction of being the cleanest village in India. It is situated 90 kms from Shillong and besides the picturesque village, offers many interesting sights such as the living root bridge and another strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another rock.
Mawlynnong nestled in the pristine hill state of Meghalaya, is along the Indo-Bangla border. This cute and colorful little village is known for its cleanliness. The main occupation of the villagers is agriculture. They mostly grow betel nut. About 82 households live in Mawlynnong. Keeping the surrounding environment clean is an age old tradition. Discover India magazine declared the village as the cleanest in Asia in 2003.
A dustbin made out of bamboo is found all along the village. Everyone makes it a point that dirt and waste are not thrown everywhere. All the waste from the dustbin is collected and kept in a pit, which the villagers use as manure. The villagers are now on a mission to ban plastic. The village with cent per cent literacy is conscious and they are spreading the message of conservation and protection of the forest. Locals plant trees to ensure that the virgin forest is kept intact and also replenished.
Mawlynnong’s fame is now drawing an endless stream of guests from across the country and abroad. Although residential facilities are still scarce and are in the process of being developed, the existing one constructed from bamboo and thatch is quite hospitable and restful.
Mawlynnong is an artist’s delight and the sort of getaway that would titillate creative writers and poets..
Dawki: A day’s excursion from Mawlynnong, Dawki lies but 2 Kms from Bangladesh. Despite the fact that the area is located in a place that has been for years demanding development, one is amazed by the quality of the roads, and the road to Dawki perhaps epitomizes the idyllic hill drive. The black metalled road, offset by the rich, wet green and dark red-brown patches offered a smooth contrast that technology can scarcely capture. The cool, wet air brushes over your face and refreshes and revitalizes you as it enters your body. Dawki is a small village and its main attraction is the Umngot River that marks the natural separation between the Khasi and the Jaintia Hills. The river can be forded by a suspension bridge that connects India to Bangladesh and facilitates trade between the two nations. The Umngot is the site for a boat race that is held in March-April, but even otherwise, seeing this large emerald-green serpent threading its way through the hills, with fishermen’s boats dotting its surface, right into the plains of Bangladesh, is a sight whose majesty echoes long after you leave it.
DAY 04: SHILLONG – KAZIRANGA (325 KMs / 7 HRS)
After breakfast drive to Kaziranga. Check in at the hotel. Overnight at Kaziranga.
DAY 05: KAZIRANGA
Early morning explore Western Zone of Kaziranga National Park on back of elephant ( at your own). Apart from world’s endangered One-horned Rhinoceros, the Park sustains half the world’s population of genetically pure Wild Water Buffaloes, over 1000 Wild elephants and perhaps the densest population of Royal Bengal Tigers anywhere. Kaziranga is also a bird watcher’s paradise and home to some 500 species of birds. The Crested Serpent Eagle, Palla’s Fishing Eagle, Greyheaded Fishing Eagle, Swamp Partridge, Bar-headed goose, whistling Teal, Bengal Florican, Storks, Herons and Pelicans are some of the species found here.We will return to the resort for breakfast. Afternoon go for a jeep safari ( At your own) through the Central Zone of the National Park. Evening come back to the hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Kaziranga National Park:
In the heart of Assam, covering an area of 430 sq-kms, is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses, as well as many mammals, including tigers, elephants, panthers and bears, and thousands of birds. In 1985, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for its unique natural environment.
Note: Cost for elephant and Jeep Safari not inclusive.
DAY 06: KAZIRANGA-GUWAHATI AIRPORT DROP (250KMs/ 5HRS)
Package Rate per person basis: (Meal Plan – CP)
|Package Duration||Hotel Category|
|Package Category||3 Star||4 Star||4 Star Premium|
|Extra Person Adult / CWB (11-12yrs)||9,000||14,500||16500|
|Extra Meal Supplement||600||1000||–|
|Shillong (3 Nights)||The Gateway Shillong / Blueberry /
|M Crown / POLO Tower / Poinisukh / Similar||Ry kinjai Resort / Similar|
|Kaziranga (2 Nights)||Summit Green Village Resort / Similar||IORA Retreat / Mandu The Escapade / Similar||BORGOS / Similar|
|Guwahati (1 Night)||D’courtyrad / SJ International / Similar||Hotel Palacio / Similar||Kiranshree Grand / Similar|
*Costing is based on Base Category of Room. (In case of higher Room category cost will differ)
**Above cost is per person rate and includes breakfast. For Dinner or Lunch Meal supplement is given extra per person.
****GST 5% Extra
Payment & Booking Policy
1. All the booking are Confirmed with the hotel after receiving a confirmation mail from the Client with 50% or the amount mentioned by our reservation staff of the total package amount in our account within 2 days of booking
2. Once the booking is Confirmed, Vouchers will be issued with suggested Trip Detail & hotel reservation, which may change with prior notice to the client.
3. Once you receive the Hotel confirmation from our staff, the client can reconfirm with the hotel for their reservation.
4. The client can book their trip by paying 50% or the amount advised by the reservation staff as advance of the total package cost in the mentioned bank account.
5. We would require 100% advance payment for bookings made for December and January, due to high peak season.6. Most hotels in Andaman (Port Blair, Havelock & Neil Island) usually have 0800 hours as Check in and Check Out timing. Though there are some that may allow an early or late Check in / Check Out, it however depends on the availability of the rooms that the hotels might have at their disposal during that time.
Furthermore, there are also chances that a hotel may charge you for a further one-day in case of an early check in or late check-out.
1. If cancelled from 00 to 07 days before the check-in date 100% booking amount will be charged.
2. If cancelled from 07 to 15 days before the check-in date 70% booking amount will be charged
3. If cancelled from 15 to 30 days before the check-in date 30% booking amount will be charged.
4. Full Refund if cancelled before 30 days of the Check In date.
5. No refunds for unused nights or early check-outs.
6. No refunds would be offered on the government ferry & private ferry tickets, if already purchased.
7. Any bank charged for an international bank account will be borne by the customer.
8. No refund for booking made from 15th December to 15 January
9. In case of any unexpected bad weather Condition Or due to any unavoidable circumstance if the ferry to Havelock or other island gets cancelled, some other alternative accommodation will be provided in Port Blair / Havelock and additional night accommodation in Havelock/ Neil Island / Port Blair will be on direct payment basis on.
10. All refunds are processed by the method of payment used in the initial transaction, except in the case of cash payments where the refund is processed through Claques or online transfer.
11. The refund is initiated from our end within 7 working days of receiving the cancellation request.
12. Please note that it may take 5 – 14 days for the money to reflect in your account, depending on your bank, after the refund is imitated from our end.
13. Mid-tour Cancellation – Yes you can cancel but the amount would be non-refundable.
1. Tourists who are fully vaccinated will be allowed entry into the State Meghalaya Assam Arunachal & Sikkim without any RTPCR test,
2. Tourists who are vaccinated with a single dose and minors in the age group of 11- 18 years who are accompanying adult tourists will have to produce negative RTPCR/TruNat/CBNAAT report which will be valid only if they have tested within 72 hours prior to their arrival at the entry point.
3. RAT test will not be valid for tourists entering Meghalaya.
4. Given the prevailing COVID-19 situation, it is advised that tourists even though fully vaccinated but having symptoms should avoid travelling to the State. Such symptomatic individuals, even though fully vaccinated, will be tested at the entry point.
5.Tourists should register on the Meghalaya portal or app and generate an e-invite.
Speak to our destination experts for any planning assistance.
After 15 years running Travel Trip, people have a lot to say about us