Tanzania Safari Tour for 6 days
This 6-day road safari, which has as its backdrop the legendary snows of Mount Kilimanjaro, showcases the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater, the famous Olduvai Gorge prehistoric site, the mighty Serengeti and the tree-climbing lions of beautiful Lake Manyara
[tg_tab tab1=”Itinerary” tab2=”Inclusions”]
Day 1: Arusha to the Ngorongoro Crater
After lunch in Arusha drive to the famous Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area (NCCA), which features rolling plains, lakes, craters, mountains and dormant volcanoes. Journey up the side of the vast Ngorongoro Crater, a World Heritage Site, which is one of the largest volcanic craters in the world (almost 20 kilometres wide, 610 760 metres deep and covering a total area of 264 square kilometres ), and arrive at the Ngorongoro Serena Lodge in time for sundowner cocktails overlooking one of the finest views in the world.
Day 2 of Tanzania Safari Tour: Inside ‘the land that time
After breakfast, descend into the ‘8th Wonder of the World’, a unique biosphere that has remained virtually unchanged since the dawn of time. Enclosed within its towering walls are grasslands, swamps, forests, saltpans, a freshwater lake and a glorious variety of birdlife. Here too are all the members of the ‘Big Five’ (lion, elephant, rhino, leopard, and buffalo) as well as a large cast of plains game and one of Africa’s densest populations of predators. Enjoy a picnic lunch on the crater floor before climbing back up to the lodge in time for relaxation before dinner.
Day 3: To the Serengeti via Olduvai Gorge
After breakfast, leave the NCCA and cross into neighboring Serengeti National Park stopping en route at
Ol Duvai Gorge. Known as the ‘Cradle of Mankind’, this is one of the most important prehistoric sites in the world. Pioneered by famous paleontologists Louis and Mary Leakey in the 1950s it offers a glimpse into life two million years ago. Arrive at the Serengeti Serena Lodge in time to relax and enjoy a classic safari supper.
Day 4 of Tanzania Safari Tour: On safari in the Serengeti
After breakfast enjoy a day of game driving (meals taken in true safari style ‘in the bush’) in the vast and sensational Serengeti, which covers 14,763 sq km of endlessly rolling savannah. Venue for ‘the greatest wildlife show on Earth’, the annual migration of over one million wildebeest, the park is also renowned for its lions, cheetahs, zebras, giraffes and plains game. Overnight at the lodge.
Day 5: To Lake Manyara & the Great Rift
After breakfast drive to beautiful Lake Manyara, a shallow alkaline lake that shimmers in a cleft in the Great Rift Valley. Arrive in time for lunch at the Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge, which stands on the edge of the escarpment, overlooking the lake. Enjoy an afternoon game drive in Lake Manyara National Park. A small but
the uniquely diverse national park, Manyara is home to the world-famous tree-climbing lions, thousands of flamingoes and nearly 500 species of birds. Return to the lodge thereafter. Dinner will be served in the elegant central dining room. Overnight at the lodge.
Day 6: Back to Arusha and Nairobi
After breakfast, drive back to Arusha, Tanzania’s ‘Safari Town’, in time for lunch then board your afternoon shuttle back to Nairobi.
Tanzania Safari Tour Accommodation
Hotel Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge
• 5* lodge resembling Noah’s Ark, tucked into the thick verdant forests of Aberdare National Park
• Comprises 60 cabins spread on 3 decks from which numerous balconies and lounges provide superb wildlife viewing
• Overlooks a floodlit waterhole and salt lick, which attracts a host of awesome wildlife
• Website: Ngorongoro Serena Safari
Hotel Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge
• 5* lodge located in a natural oasis in the heart of the Shaba Game Reserve or “Born Free Country” that Joy and George Adamson called home for many years
• 85 rooms in chalet style with private views of the wildlife-rich banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River
• Website: Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge
Hotel Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge
• 5* Lodge nestled along the Lion Hill overlooking the spectacular Lake Nakuru
• Natural landscaping with tall acacia trees, winding walkways and greens dotted with bird feeds
• 67 guest rooms set in a natural haven for birdlife attracting over 50 species of birds
• Website: Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge
Tanzania Safari Tour Quotation
The ‘Tanzania Showcase’ Safari Pricelist in USD
Double Per pax
|16/12/2019 – 29/02/2020||4,509.00||446.00||3,001.00|
|01/03/2020 – 31/03/2020||3,542.00||327.00||2,422.00|
|01/04/2020 – 25/05/2020||3,170.00||0.00||2,198.00|
|26/05/2020 – 30/06/2020||4,235.00||362.00||2,837.00|
|01/07/2020 – 31/10/2020||4,509.00||446.00||3,001.00|
• Christmas supplement 24, 25, 26 and 31 Dec 2019 ): US$ 55.00 per person per night; and US$ 28.00 per child per night
• New Year supplement (01/01/20): US $55.00 per person per night; and US$ 28.00 per child per night
• Easter supplement 10/04/20 13/04/20 ): US $ 45.00 per person per night; and US $ 23.00 per child per night
• Shuttle: Nairobi/Arusha/Nairobi US$ 80.00 per person.
• Flight: Wilson/Kilimanjaro/Wilson US$ 520.00 per person (inclusive of return airport transfers & taxes); subject to change without prior notice.
• Custom designed 4X4 land cruisers adapted to meet the demands of the rugged African terrain
Tanzania Safari Tour Quotation includes:
• Accommodation and meals as stipulated in the itinerary
• Transportation in a shared chauffeur driven safari vehicle with pop up roof for easy game viewing & photography
• Services of an English speaking driver-guide, game viewing drives and parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
• All Government taxes and levies
• All meet and greet services
• 24 hours stand by contact number
• 5 or 7 pax guaranteed window seat in each vehicle
• Two-way long range high-frequency radio communication in each vehicle
• On safari accessories in each vehicle: First aid kit, wildlife books, a pair of binoculars, cool box & fire extinguisher
Tanzania Safari Tour Quotation excludes:
• All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills/laundry, etc., and any other items not specified in our itinerary
• Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver-guide(s). (Budget approx. US$ 2.00 US$ 4.00 per person per day for lodge and hotel staff, U$ 1.00 per bag for porters and US$ 10.00 U$ 12.00 per person per day for driver guides).
• Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
• Any local or international flight(s) and departure/other taxes
• Concession fees (In case of any new fees introduced by parks without our knowledge)
• Visa fees currently US$ 50.00 per passport holder and subject to change (except for USA citizens who must pay US$ 100 in Tanzania). Visas are available on arrival at international airports or recognized border entry points.
• Flying doctors coverage: Optional @ US$ 20 dollars per person (coverage within East Africa for 14 days inclusive of airlift to a hospital in Nairobi where all costs will be payable by the patient).
• Personal insurance which we recommend highly
Click to see Tanzania Safari – Wildlife – 10 Days/ 9 Nights