Warning: Use of undefined constant GRANDTOUR_THEMEVERSION - assumed 'GRANDTOUR_THEMEVERSION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/flycreativeglobal.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/grandtour-custom-post/tg-shortcode.php on line 954
Buddhist Circuit Tour Package for 9 days
Buddhist Circuit is phrased as the sacred Buddhism locations, where Lord Buddha was born, and he educate, conveyed and achieved ‘Insight’ and ‘Paradise’. Buddhist Circuit in India comprises of Bodh Gaya, Rajgir, Nalanda, Patna, Vaishali, Gorakhpur and Sarnath.
Day 1 of Buddhist Circuit Tour Package – Gaya/Bodh Gaya
Arrive in Gaya.
Drive to Bodh Gaya 13 km and check into the hotel.
Take a sightseeing tour of this holy seat of the Buddhist religion.
Later, Return to hotel for overnight stay.
Day 2 of Buddhist Circuit Tour Package – Bodh Gaya – Dungeshwari Caves – Gaya
After breakfast, straightaway proceeds to Dungeshwari cave temples where Buddha spent years of penance before attaining ‘nirvana’ or enlightenment.
Further, After lunch return to Gaya to visit the Brahmajuni Hill, which is said to be the site of Buddha’s fire sermon.
Return to hotel for night stay.
Day 3 of Buddhist Circuit Tour Package – Bodh Gaya – Rajgir
After breakfast, depart for Rajgir, 70 km, 2 hrs by road. Check into hotel.
Discover the Japanese built Vishwashanti Stupa on the Ratnagiri Hill which can be accessed by a chairlift. From the hill top, you can also view the Jain shrines scattered across 26 distant hills. Griddhakuta, located on Ratnagiri Hill is another site where Budhha stopped by to preach.
Later, Return to hotel for night stay.
Day 4 of Buddhist Circuit Tour Package – Rajgir – Nalanda
After breakfast, proceed to Nalanda, and discover the Nalanda University Ruins Archaeological Complex spread over 14 hectares, amidst expansive lawns. The monasteries and the viharas are separated by a central valley. Interesting structures to look out for include: steps leading up to perhaps a dais for professors and stupas with images of the Buddha carved in. Further, After the walk around the ruins, visit the Xuan Zang Memorial Hall, a Chinese pagoda built by Chinese Buddhists.
Return to Rajgir hotel for night stay.
Day 5 Rajgir – Patna
After breakfast, proceed to Patna by road and check into the hotel.
Visit the Buddhist sites of Vaishali and Kesariya which rests on its ancient past as Pataliputra, the capital of the various dynasties that ruled over the region.
After lunch, take a local sightseeing tour of Patna. This would include Golghar (built as a granary), Gandhi Museum, Patna Museum, Har Mandir Takht, Qila House or Jalan Museum with some really rare relics like Napolean’s bed and Marie Antoinette’s porcelain; and the ruins of Pataliputra.
Return to hotel for night stay.
Day 6 Patna – Vaishali – Kesariya
After an early breakfast, depart for Vaishali where Buddha is supposed to have preached his last sermon. After lunch, proceed to Kesariya, the site where Buddha gave away his begging bowl before his death. during the rule of the Pala kings A massive Buddhist stupa built has been discovered here. Return to hotel for overnight stay.
Day 7 Patna – Kushinagar – Gorakhpur
After breakfast, depart for Kushinagar or take the train to Gorakhpur and drive 55 km from there to this historic town.
Upon arrival, visit Vietnam’s Linh Son Buddhists temple, meditation centre and gardens, the Burmese Mahasukhamdadacham Thargyi Pagoda, the Mahaparinirvan Temple with a tranquil and reclining Buddha and the Matahkuar temple, the Japanese – Sri Lanka temple and the Wat Thai temple. The Ramabhar Stupa or the Mukutbandhan Stupa is the site of the cremation of Buddha.
Return to Gorakhpur for overnight stay.
Day 8 Gorakhpur – Sarnath
Depart in time for the train to Varanasi which is 5 ½ hrs from Gorakhpur.
Upon arrival in Varanasi and check into the hotel and take a short break before heading to Sarnath, where Buddha gave his first sermon to a small band of followers after attaining nirvana. Emperor Ashoka had monastaries and stupas built here which were destroyed by Muslim invaders in later years. Some remains were discovered by British archaeologists in 1835. Later, Return to Varanasi for night stay.
Day 9 Varanasi – Delhi/Mumbai/Onward Destination
After breakfast, take a tour of Hindus most significant cities. This is where River Ganga is the lifeline of the city, and all spiritual and religious activities are performed along its banks. Take a cruise along the river between the Dasaswamedh Ghat and Harishchandra Ghat and visit the temples.
Participate in or observe the “Ganga aarti” in the evening, a spiritually uplifting experience in which the holy river is paid homage.
Eventually, Departure in the evening.
Buddhist Circuit Tour Package Inclusions
- Itinerary with accommodation, transfers, excursions, and guide assistance as indicated
- Hotel availability is subject to confirmation at the time of reservation. In case of no availability, there may be the need to book another hotel category at a higher cost. In this case, the client will be contacted immediately.
- English speaking guide- please see special prices for Russian guide (not available in San Pedro de Atacama.
- Meals according to program : B: Breakfast / L: Lunch / BX: Box Lunch / D: Dinner
Buddhist Circuit Tour Package Exclusions
- Flights and airport taxes as well as other surcharges for flights
- Possible fees at border crossings
- Optional excursions
- Tips (restaurants, hotels, guides, drivers, etc.)
- Personal expenses
Given below are some of the terms and conditions before considering Buddhist Circuit Tour Package booking-
- Prices are subject to change in case of any change or amendment in the routing.
- GST will be charged additionally as applicable.
- Itineraries, destinations, venues and scheduled departure are subject to change without prior notice
- All the above prices are accordingly on per person per journey on twin sharing basis
- The itineraries and timings are subject to change, due to factors beyond our control such as ‘force majeure’ events, strikes, fairs, festivals, sport events, weather conditions, disruptions/diversions of rail/ road services, re-routing of railway/ roads, closure of / restricted entry at a place of sightseeing, non availability of venues etc.
- The tour will generally be organised as per details are given above. However, one may please contact us for customizing the tour according to your likes.
Click to see other tour packages